It’s the ultimate bash. Our wedding. R and I are excited for so many reasons – declaring our love and lifelong commitment in front of our family and friends, having all of those people in one place, a honeymoon 😉 But let’s be honest, I am pretty darn excited about the paper, the petals and obviously, the bash. The funny thing is, for a lady who covets event ideas like I do, planning my own wedding is totally overwhelming.
We decided on a short engagement so we have a number of things figured out already:
- Goal: a super fun party with our family and friends
- Vibe: casual, elegant and representative of us
- Things I care about: colorful flowers, unique paper goods, people having a good time, the whole thing ‘coming together’, DIY’s
- Things R cares about: great food, that everyone dances, having an open bar, that the flowers are not ‘girly’, no boutonnière
- Things I don’t care about: the exact flowers, band vs. dj, desserts, favors/welcome bags/things-that-cost-a-lot-of-money-that-no-one-cares-about,
- Things R doesn’t care about: decor details (yes!), DIY’s (double yes!), being involved in the details
- Details: yellow, teal, hot pink, black and white stripes, sparkly gold. Secondary colors: jewel tones.
Here is the vibe board I put together. I use pinterest but wanted something that with one quick glance, would help anyone understand what we’re going for.
I’m so excited to marry R!!!